RELAX: 2 Day Tune Up & 5 Day Re-Energizer
- What is 2 Day Tune-Up & 5 Day Re-Energizer?
- About Detoxification at Fresh Start
- Accommodating Dietary Needs
- Emotional Aspect
- Two Clients Share Their Stories
NOTE: 2 Day Tune-Up Program is an abbreviated version of the 5 Day Re-Energizer program; it is designed for those that want to a mini weekend detox retreat.
Statistics report that the average person spends only 15-20 minutes across their lifetime to meditate on the purpose of his/her life. What is that about?
We all work a lot, and sometimes it seems that if we stop working the world around us will crash. “I work from early in the morning to late at night. It seems there is not enough time in a day to make enough money,” said one of our guests.
A 62-year-old person who works 8 hours a day 5 days a week spends 10 years working in her lifetime. Most of us do more. Add in the time spent on making food, taking care of children and helping others, driving, shopping, cleaning, and we spend a lot of time working in one form or another!
We work so hard that work sometimes becomes our identity. We cannot imagine ourselves without doing something. So many of us do not take time to take care of ourselves -- to go for a walk, enjoy the sunshine, watch our kids play, or simply to eat.
Some of the best advice in the world on how to deal with a stressful and busy life comes from Elaine St. James, who wrote six books on how to simplify one’s life. For example:
“When you get overwhelmed, stop. Walk; sit on the side of the road. If you do, you’ll get insights on how to work more effectively not to get overwhelmed... When you have your desk piled up, take a day off... The world won’t stop... Nobody will give you an hour off, a day off, a week off. You have to take it...”
Taking a break and going to a place where the phone won’t be ringing and you won’t have to take care of things can make miracles. Add in good nourishment for the cells and a nice family environment and you have the ingredients for deep relaxation and rejuvenation.
Relax is our shortest health restoration program, and its' focus is nourishment of the body and cellular cleanse. We provide unpasteurized fresh juices and a daily isotonic drink designed to cleanse the colon and ensure proper elimination of the toxins. In addition to juices we serve several herbal supplements which we make from high quality herbs, right here, on-site.
This program is designed for rejuvenation of body and mind, to give you a physiological and emotional break, and to boost your immune system and energy levels. While we do not address specific diseases, our guests have found the 2 Day Tune-Up and 5 Day Re-Energizer helpful for conditions that include:
- Rejuvenation of mind and body
- Weight loss (average 4-7 lbs.)
- Difficulty falling asleep and waking up
- Bruising easily
- Increased sweating
- Sinus problems
- Muscle pain
- Stiff joints
- Bad breath and other body odors
- Frequent urination
- Foggy brain
- Heavy menstrual flow
- Bloating and constipation
- Frequent fatigue and adrenal exhaustion
- Nervousness, mood swings, stress
- Low blood sugar
- Recovery after treatment with antibiotics
- Sensitive skin
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Unpleasant symptoms during PMS and menopause
About Whole Body Detox & Juice Fasting at Fresh Start
BEST OPTION: Go to Compare Our Programs chart
Your 5 days with us will include:
- Pre-program health assessment and consultation with natural health consultant
- Pre-cleanse preparation guidelines
- Accommodations and use of the facilities
- Green body care products (shampoo, conditioner and soap)
- Guest binder and water bottle
- Daily fresh organic juices, including wheatgrass shots
- Organic fruit and vegetable smoothies on semi-fasting days
- Gourmet raw organic meals on eating days
- A variety of soothing herbal teas and plenty of lemon juice
- Colon cleanse
- Parasite cleanse formula
- High quality pro-biotic (acidophilus) supplements
- Kelp capsules and evening primrose oil capsules for hormonal support and rebuilding
- Daily steam bath
- Daily health lectures and videos
- One Healthy drinks preparation workshop
- Daily group time, facilitated by a program director
- Two guided meditations
- Two yoga classes
- One fitness class
- One excursion
- One art class
- In-depth health evaluation by Program Director and Eight to ten page personalized Tips for the Journey to take home
- Assistance and guidance throughout the program
- Airfare fees and pick-up
- Health and travel Insurance
- Optional complementary health spa therapies
See details of a typical day on a 5 day Whole Body Detox & Juice Fast.
Spa Services Prices
Spa services are not included in program cost, except a daily steam bath.
Even though the body cleanses all organs and systems every day of the program, we include a variety of vegetables and fruits that are helpful for particular organs or systems:
- Days 1 and 5 are days of preparation and exit of the fast.
- Day 2 is dedicated to stomach and colon.
- Day 3 focuses on liver and parasite cleanse
- Day 4 focuses on blood, joints and skin.
We provide a wide range of juices, including:
- Fresh wheat grass juice
- Root vegetables: carrot, beet, radish, garlic, ginger.
- Cruciferous vegetables: cabbage, homemade sauerkraut without vinegar.
- Greens: parsley, lettuce, spinach, lettuce, kale, green onion, celery.
- Salad fruit (vegetables): tomato, cucumber, zucchini, green bell pepper.
- Fruit: grape, orange, grapefruit, lemon, prune.
The reasons for juice fasting are many. Here are just a few:
- It is a pleasant and enjoyable to effectively produce results in a short period of time.
- Juice provides excellent nourishment for cells and addresses nutritional deficiencies (one of the main culprits of bad health).
- Juice is liquid food in its pre-digested and the most absorbable form. According to Dr. Joel Robbins, up to 90% of the nutrients from juice can be absorbed, contrasted to 30% of whole foods.
- Juices contain a lot of minerals, such as calcium, iron, and magnesium. Minerals are important for avoiding cavities, gum bleeding, weakening of nails, hair loss, and osteoporosis.
- Unpasteurized juices are loaded with enzymes, which are life activators that help you feel energized.
- Raw juices are highly alkalizing. Acidity of the body is at the root of most health problems.
- Fresh juices contain healthy hormones and antibiotics, which are helpful for balancing hormones in the body and restoring healthy microflora in the digestive tract.
- During a juice fast, the body gets more nutrients than it needs for daily needs, so it starts using the “leftovers” for healing and repairing tissues.
- Since the body does not have to spend energy on digesting solid foods, it has a chance to rest and to focus on elimination of toxic waste.
- Cleansing during a fast will improve metabolic efficiency, which contributes weight loss and slower aging.
- Juice fasting is milder than water fasting and does not lead to severe symptoms.
- It relaxes the mind and emotions and gives you time to stop, revaluate your life, or simply to do nothing.
In the 5-day program we can accommodate the dietary needs of diabetics, hypoglycemics and those who have allergies, sensitivities or problems digesting particular foods. However, people with other advanced degenerative conditions need more preparation, and we encourage them to do the 9 Day Advanced Whole Body Detox or 14 Day Total Health & Wellness Makeover program.
Many guests find our daily health lectures and videos life-changing. While we promote high standards and show how to reach them, we neither promote pure veganism, raw foodism, or anything in particular. We do encourage being natural in every aspect, while thoughtfully using super foods and other health supporting tools.
Our main goal is to help you to improve life and health at the level and circumstances you are in at the moment. The topics we cover in our non-traditional and in-depth presentations include:
- Which shampoo you can eat for breakfast.
- Why don’t horses get constipated?
- How to stop flu.
- How to boost your self-esteem.
Since most diseases are rooted in emotional imbalance, we dedicate an hour per day to emotional wellness restoration workshops, called Group Time, where the group discusses topics such as:
- What does a fulfilling life mean to you?
- How to acquire and to keep inner peace.
- How to simplify your life.
- Enlightened Relationships.
- How to Let it Go.
You will have private time too. Our surroundings are peaceful and quiet, perfect for walks and meditation. The fresh ocean air and lush rainforest ecosystem of Vancouver Island, BC is not only very healing for the body, but is also able to inspire and heal the saddest heart.
Note: Topics maybe changed without notice by the Program Director, as per needs of the group.
“When I came to the Abundant Life Wellness Center, I needed some time for me.” shared Taylor, who participated in a 5-Day Re-Energizer. “I was mentally and physically exhausted due to my busy life style. I am in the Health and Wellness Industry, so I have a lot of knowledge about health. However the last three years it has taken its toll and I had let my good diet choices and exercise program go out the window. I knew that I needed to make some changes.
“I left the center feeling calm, cleansed and rejuvenated on all levels: mind, body & spirit. The information and knowledge that I received at the center deepened my knowledge base and reactivated my passion for healthy eating and lifestyle.
“BUT……the best thing about my whole experience was seeing my best friend jump out of bed on the third day wanting to go for a walk. Before she came to the program she could hardly get out of bed in the morning and going up and down stairs was very painful. Her hands and legs were so puffy and swollen. Most of this cleared and she was bounding up and down the stairs by the last day.”
Here is what Taylor’s friend, Edy, had to say:
“I would eat at fast food places and many, many times my complete meal would consist of a large bag of chips and a chocolate bar and coke. I had this lifestyle for many years and when I approached my 40’s, I felt 60. I had a hard time walking up stairs, lifting myself off of a couch and even getting out of bed. I was swollen all over and in general just felt like I was dying a slow death.
“On the third morning of the program, I literally jumped out of the bed, rather than crawling or dragging out, like I had been doing. As I was walking I said to my friend, oh my goodness, I don’t believe it…my legs are not aching!!! I really just wanted to cry with such joy.
“On the fourth day, I woke up and the swelling in my hands was gone. I feel like I have been given a new pair of legs and hands... Coming to Abundant Wellness Center was THE BEST THING THAT I HAVE DONE FOR MYSELF IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!! I really cannot explain my stay; it is something that you have to experience. The wealth of knowledge here at the center and the love you feel is the most amazing feeling.”
Taylor and Edy took time to rejuvenate, re-nourish their bodies, and regain energy. And you can too!