Payment Terms & Cancellation Policy
- Late Arrivals, No Shows, Early Departures
- Upgrading or Downgrading Program
- Extending the stay during the program
- Leaving the program earlier
- Travel & Health Insurance
- Shared Room/Roommates Disclaimer
How does it work?
Program is opened to everyone. No credit check or approval required.
-50% of the balance is due upon registration.
-50% of the balance is financed using equal payments over 3-6 months, depending on what works best for the applicant.
-$175 Administration Fee applied per application.
Loan Agreement is signed between Fresh Start and Borrowing party.
Payments are automatically withdrawn monthly from your credit card.
Click here to learn more about the financing.
If you are registering more than:
- -120 days or more prior to the starting date of your program, a 50% deposit of the session price is required to register, with the balance due 30 days prior to the session starting date.
- -30 days prior to the starting date of your program, the full session price is required to register or the remainder or the balance.
All sales are final. We do not refund on cancellations. In the event you cannot attend original date you have registered for, please see the rescheduling policy below.
We strongly recommended that you purchase trip interruption & travel insurance for both medical (International) and cancellation coverage. We'll provide contact info of proffered Vendors after you registered.
Because all sales are final we have three layers how we protect your investment:
- Rescheduling Policy (no fees or penalties applied)
- Transfer to a Family Member/Friend
- AIG Travel Guard Trip Interruption Insurance (optional)
In the event you cannot attend the original date you have registered for, you have a full year from the cancellation date to reschedule another identical session and type of the room you were originally booked for. Rescheduling to a new session date is free of any administrative charge.
When cancelling your original date and rescheduling for another date, please call Reservations as soon as you find out that you will not be able to attend.
Note: You do not need to select a new date at the time of cancellation. You have a full year from the date you cancel to rebook another time slot for your program.
You can transfer your spot to a family member or a friend subject to approval by the Fresh Start Health Retreat Centers.
Late check-ins, early check-outs, and no shows will be responsible for the full amount of the program price. No-shows and early departures are considered cancellations.
Note: Please see exceptions under section “Leaving the Program Earlier” whether you qualify for an in-house credit.
Because our payment policy states “All Sales are Final” you will not be able to downgrade your program, accommodation type or package, after you’ve registered. However, you have an option of upgrading, provided we still have space available. Please call Program Consultant at 1-888-658-3324 to request an upgrade
Please call Program Consultant to request an extension of your program, provided space is available. We’ll provide you per day rate of your package rate.
In the event of an emergency, where you have to leave the program greater than 2 nights before it ends, we’ll give you an in-house credit. If it is 1 night or less, no credit will be given.
1. Return within 12 months: Once you got a new date, calculate how many nights you have left, and call us back to register for the program you want to come back to.
2. Transfer:Transfer credit to a family member or a friend, provided we’ve done a consultation and approved his/her stay.
3. Forfeit the credit:We do not advise doing it. Find someone or try to come back later.
If you’d like to return within 12 months or transfer to someone, these conditions will apply:
1. There is a 20% Re-Induction Fee of your remaining credit days.
2. You will have full year from early departure date to reschedule. When rescheduling, you’ll need to choose one of the program cycles (2, 5, 7, 9, 12, 14). If you have only 3 day credit, you have a choice to pay for additional two nights and attend a 5 day program or stay only 2 nights.
3. Unused credit days cannot be applied towards Spa Services.
Health Insurance is recommended for guests arriving from outside Canada, and travel Insurance is strongly recommended for everyone who is booking greater than three months in advance. We provide travel insurance through AIG Travel Guard. After you have paid for the session, you can contact AIG to insure your stay at the retreat.
Go to the AIG Travel Guard website. http://www.travelguard.ca/agentlink.asp?ta_arc=5555 or call 1-866-878-0191 chose option 3. Fresh Start ID# 5555
Note: As of June 26, 2013 residents of Saskatchewan must puchase the insurance only through a local AIG licensed insurance borker. AIG will no longer allow purchasing a policy online.
Each session we have guests successfully stay together as roommates and create long term friendships.
Due to the detoxification and healing nature of the program we have outlined under what conditions we do not advise registering for a Shared Room Package and register a Private Room:.
We highly request to register a Private Room if you:
1. Smoke, or just quit within 60 days prior starting date of the program. Your body will be releasing nicotine and you’ll have very strong smell.
2. Snore and/or have sleep apnea.
3. Cough or have wheezing asthma
4. Have or had in the past contagious condition (Hep A, B, C; HIV, Tuberculiousis or another Viral condition)
6. Skin condition
7. Debating from the start, Private or Shared. Rule of thumb is: if you are already doubting, go with a Private.
Use common sense, if you know you’ll be making another person’s stay uncomfortable, go with the private room.
If you are totally fine with staying in a shared room, you need to be aware of the following terms and conditions.
1. Only two guests allowed per room.
2. Only same gender guests can be roommates (girls with girls, guys with guys).
3. During the stay your roommate may change several time.
E.g. If you stay for the full 14 days, you may have a roommate in the beginning for 5 days and then someone for 7 days.
4. Grouping roommates. If someone upgraded to a private room, we will group you with another roommate. You’ll be asked to move to another room or another guest will be moved to your room.
5. Matching roommates: Fresh Start carefully matches roommates prior to the starting date of the program but we cannot guarantee 100% compatibility. Since 2005, we still had two times when we had to separate the roommates, both times were due to snoring J
6. Cultural differences: Your roommate maybe of different culture, nationality, ethnic or religious background and may have different life style views. Please be respectful of your differences.
If you chose to go with a Shared Room, you understand that you and your roommate will be going through detoxification, natural healing program and may experience various physical and emotional healing symptoms.
Please be supportive of each other, respectful and cheerful. Always look for positive character traits in your roommate. Do not be a nagger.
Tip:At times a roommate does not like something but does not come to Fresh Start staff to share the concern. If your roommate is not happy with something, please remain neutral and DO NOT TAKE SIDES. Suggest a roommate to see Program Director. It is totally normal to have difference of opinions.